Myth eye cream: Which creams and tips really help against dark circles
„You can tell age by the eyes, it is said so ugly, and that puts us directly in front of the most important skin care questions: What can I do against dark circles What really helps? And: Why don't I necessarily need a special care cream for the eye areartie?
Before we can answer the questions comprehensibly, we have to understand why the eyes are such an exciting care topic in the first place:
The peculiarities of the skin around the eyes
The skin of the face and the skin around the eyes are very similar. The difference, however, isthat the eye area is often drier, significantly thinner and therefore more sensitive. The skin in this area is half a millimeter thick! and that's incredibly little compared to the rest of the skin. In addition, the skin in the eye region has hardly any sub-fatty tissue..
In a nutshell:Our eye area is extremely thin-skinned.
As a result, the eye area is virtually created for your most common skin problems:
- Crow's feet and wrinkles caused by the dryness of the thin skin and the movement of the face through facial expressions, laughing and blinking.
- eye bags come about because the skin is so thin, has hardly any sub-fatty tissue and the small capillaries shimmer through under the skin.
- Come to the later episodes Bags under the eyes added. They are the result of a weakened collagen framework and water build-up.
There are actually people who stop smiling to avoid wrinkles. Or who inject Botox under their skin and thereby sacrifice all their facial expressions. There are significantly healthier and more life-friendly methods for a young, fresh look:
We'll tell you which care and tips you can use to avoid dark circles and wrinkles.
What constitutes good care for the eye area
One thing in advance: the earlier you start to care for your eye skin, the longer you will benefit from it. As with many other skin issues, it is also true that prevention is better than aftercare. When you start depends a little on your individual factors. Rule of thumb: ideally, the care of the eye area begins at the age of 20 or 25.
The skin around the eyes is particularly prone to dryness. That's whyMoisture is the key to eye care. That drives some popular, if not really effective, home remediesagainst dark circles The famous cucumber slice on the eyes or curd cheese are often practiced remedies with limited effectiveness. They may cool the eye area comfortably, but donate hardly any usable moisture.
When caring for your eyes, you should use a well-formulated cream that provides intensive moisture and protects sensitive skin against stress. In a cream suitable for the eyes you will sometimes find the following ingredients:
- urea: Is the perfect means to bind moisture. More on thatActive ingredient urea.
- hyaluronan: Supports the effect of urea and helps build the collagen framework. More about theActive ingredient hyaluron.
- Glycerin: Supports the natural moisturizing factor and thus the self-protection function of the skin.
- Shea butter and high quality vegetable oils: Naturally greases and protects the skin from drying out.
- Vitamin E.: The antioxidant strengthens the skin barrier.
- vitamin C: Makes the skin more resistant to inflammation, has an antioxidant effect and stimulates the production of collagen.More about vitamin C here.
- Panthenol: Supports the hydration of the skin as well as the production of collagen and helps skin healing.
- caffeine: The pick-me-upstimulates blood circulation
What can a nourishing lotion not contain for the eyes?
The skin around the eyes is extremely thin and sensitive. Here in particular, it is important that you use care products that are low in irritation and do not harm the skin or body in any other way.
Avoid creams that contain substances such as:
- Bad alcohols
- Mineral oils penetrating oils)
- as well as one of the listedquestionable ingredients.
Unfortunately, many cosmetic manufacturers continue to use these substances in their lotions, creams and personal care products. Therefore, play it safe and always check a care product with youCode checkbefore you buy it. How to find out whether it contains harmful or dangerous ingredients.
A good nourishing cream for the face is a good nourishing cream for the eyes
A good face cream is formulated in such a way that it provides the skin with intensive moisture and at the same time provides the important active ingredients with which it supports skin stability. Because the requirements of the facial skin and the skin around the eyes are the same, you can use well-formulated facial care for this topic as usual.
Because: Why should you spend more money on an eye lotion when your face cream does exactly the same job
At the same time, this speaks all the more in favor of using a high-quality product with a good recipe for facial and eye care. Check with the INCI information whether it has the important substances for good moisture care and skin strengthening:
Urea, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C, Panthenol Provitamin B5, Caffeine.feine.
Due to its recipe, theHydra Defense Cream perfect for the care of the face and the sensitive eye area. You can use the face creamtest here.
5 tips in addition to the cream: What helps against dark circles, wrinkles and bags under the eyes?
As always, a cream alone does not replace a healthy lifestyle.
Our lifestyle habits have a strong influence on how crow's feet, dark circles and bags under the eyes develop. You should therefore always keep these five tips in mind if you want the youngest possible eyes:
- Drink plenty of water: This is the easiest and most helpful thing you should do against dry skin.
- Move a lot: With sport you improve the blood circulation in body and skin. Oneappropriate exercise program has a positive effect on dark circles and can significantly slow down the formation of wrinkles.
- Reduce stress and sleep well: Mental hygiene andadequate sleep are important so that you feel good and look more alert. For example, try to reduce stress with mindfulness exercises and create routines for a sound sleep.
- Refrain from alcohol, tobacco, and drugs: The fabricsdamage the skin immensely, only make you unnecessarily tired and cause puffy eyelids. That's why you can quickly tell by the dark circles in people when they smoke and drink.
- Fight wrinkles without botox: Highly potent remedies like thatTimeshift serum smooth wrinkles also in the eye region and are very mild for the skin: you benefita botox-like substancewhich, however, has a gentler effect and therefore does not have the unpleasant side effects of Botox treatment.
Open your eyes and through
You can easily see the success of anti-aging care by the area around the eyes: Few wrinkles, a clear complexion and an alert look are the expression of a healthy life and make you look smoothly younger.
The good news is that eye care is far from difficult with the tips above. So what are you waiting for