Morning. It is early, so don't expect big words now. Before we show you what has to happen in the bathroom so that we look better than we feel at this time: First coffee.
The philosophy behind a good morning routine is not to "prettify yourself". We are men. We want to start the day with a good mood and good intentions. Because we want this new day to be better than everyone else before. We want to be fresh, radiate self-confidence and feel good in our skin. In short: we want to be ready for everything ourselves.
Let's get ready - with five steps .
Step 1: the shower
We don't have to explain how to take a shower properly. But a few important tips don't hurt:
- The water temperature should not be too hot. Otherwise you will dry out your skin; and dry skin tends to wrinkle. Check your wrist, not your fingers, to determine if the temperature is appropriate.
- Whether shower gel, shower oil or shower cream : they all serve their purpose, namely to clean your body. The only decision criterion is initially which consistency you prefer. However, you could try a shower oil if your skin is particularly dry or you take a shower more often than other men - for example, because you do more exercise.
- You shouldn't have a foam party when soaping up . First spray the coarse dirt off your body and then continue working with a not too large amount of shower gel. If you use too much or the wrong soap , you will remove important fats from your skin, which will further dry them out.
- You don't always have to wash your hair . Better every second than every day. Some shower gels have an integrated shampoo, there is not much to complain about at first, should you have no problems with oily hair, the scalp or dandruff. In case of doubt, it doesn't hurt to use a shampoo that is specifically tailored to your needs.
- Can you do without a hair dryer after drying? Perfect! The hot air is not so good for your hair and skin. Otherwise, do not set the temperature too high and blow dry with patience and distance to the head.
Step 2: the shave
Shaving is about two things. First, it should be thorough and second, it should not cause skin irritation. Because the more you shave your skin, the more skin injuries and shaving pimples you get. Fresh looks are different.
Proper shaving is like art! In this post , we explain how you go about getting a good shave. Here are the most important points:
- If you shave after the shower, you have a decisive advantage: you have soaked your whiskers . This will make shaving easier. If you take it very carefully, you also put a damp, warm cloth on your face for a minute or two. This will make your whiskers softer and ready to cut.
- Prepare your face with a shaving brush and shaving foam or shaving soap . It is best to use mild products that are suitable for sensitive skin and provide moisture .
- Is the razor blade really sharp ? Better use a fresh one, because as soon as the blade is only a little blunt, you tear your skin open. Ideally, you should use a safety razor instead of a system razor: it works safely, is reliable and, moreover, is more reasonably priced!
Tip: Use the sober safety razor with the super sharp razor blades. You can get both here in the shop .
- You really want to avoid inflammation. Therefore: shave with the direction of growth of your whiskers and not against the grain.
- Those who put pressure on them cause micro-injuries. When shaving, you should slide the blade over your skin in a relaxed manner .
- At the end you wash your face with cold water and removing the last soap residue. Use a nourishing aftershave that is good for your skin. Look closely at the ingredients: We have compared some popular aftershaves here for you .
Step 3: face care
The face is an indicator of how fresh you really are. Especially dark circles don't do you a favor. That is why you help your skin with the right facial care for men : You give it the necessary nutrients, give it moisture and put an occlusive cell protection on it. Three important points so that your face starts the day well and stays fresh.
You will not be surprised: We have formulated our Hydra Defense Cream in such a way that it perfectly cares for your sensitive facial skin for the day and supports you with anti-aging. You can get the cream in the sober shop .
The application is very easy. With gentle circular movements, you apply a small amount of the cream to your facial skin - cheeks, forehead and eye area. The moisturizing ingredients cushion your skin, help against wrinkles and ensure a clear complexion.
Step 4: deodorant and perfume
A question of taste? You will surely have your favorite deodorant and cologne. For skin care and style reasons, we pay attention to three things:
- Whether spray or roll-on: the deodorant should be cared for 24 hours and without aluminum.
- The perfume may smell pleasant, but should not be obtrusive. And it has to suit you. If necessary, get advice from good friends.
- Less is more : You don't want to be a running cloud of haze and bother others olfactively.
Step 5: the home stretch
Now it comes down to the last checking look:
- Does your hair lie well or do you want to help with a subtle styling?
- Are the fingernails clean and cut short?
- Do hair look out of the nose and want to be shortened?
Do you feel good? Ready for the day? Then go: Be exactly the person you want to be and, as always: #staysober!