Don't wear it too thick: it is simply bad style to scent yourself too much. How much is not only related to how often and with what you dust yourself, but also where. We have the most important information for you so that you smell good in style and do not become an unpleasant smell for your poor fellow human beings..
First of all: with a long-lasting men's perfume you will not achieve that a certain person youbutcan smell. This is due to the fact that the individual body fragrance of a person is a very personal mixture of fragrance molecules that is related to the genetic nature: The human leukocyte antigen peptides HLA peptides express our genetic profile and our olfactory receptors in turn react specifically to them Pheromones. This is helpful for the choice of partner, in everyday life this will continue to lead to the noses for some. The good news is that a perfume for men can cover up the smell on the surface compared to HLA receptors, but it won't be able to hide what lies beneath it.t.
Incidentally, we hardly notice our own smell ourselves: thankfully, our brain hides the smells that are always with us. Above all, our own smell, but potentially also the eau de parfum that we use every day. This is how we come to the first challenge when we use perfume: we perceive certain levels of fragrance less on ourselves.
Head, heart and base: this is how perfume is built for men
Good perfumeries don't just put together any scents, but compose high-quality works. An exquisite fragrance arrangement orchestrates top, heart and base notes into a harmonious work:
- TheTop noteis the smell we first perceive when we apply a perfume. It is the most intense but also the most volatile of all scent levels! It flies after only a few minutes. Perfumers often use citrus aromas and gentle floral aromas for the top note.
- TheHeart noteis the fragrance that then arises, which defines the essence of a perfume, after all, their share accounts for 50 to 80 percent of the perfume. The middle note keeps its smell much longer than the top note and ideally builds a bridge between the top and base notes. Well suited for this: grapefruit, labdanum, cedar or also bay leaf and jasmine.
- TheBase notesees itself as the most individual part of a fragrance; their molecules are linked to the scent properties of the skin. And since everyone has a unique combination of scents on their skin, the base note in connection with them is always unique! The fragrances of the base note last for a particularly long time and are perceptible for many hours. As a rule, wood and musk aromas are used here.
Due to the composition of the top, heart and base notes, perfumes are not only particularly individual; in combination with the smell of each person, the individuality of the fragrance is potentiated in a unique way for a longer period of time it is perceptible via the base note.
However: if we spray ourselves with a men's perfume, we first notice the dominant top note. But since this is so volatile, we quickly come up with the idea that the perfume has stopped smelling. As a consequence, we apply more and more, which not only has consequences for the faster disappearing content of the bottle, but also has an effect on the smell: a strongly dominant fragrance cloud accompanies us for a long time and leaves the heart and base behind.
Eau de parfum, eau de toilette or eau de cologne
When is too much perfume too much? The amount of fragrance to be applied depends on which perfume quality you are dealing with. In the description of a fragrance type you will find information on the concentration of the perfume oil:
- Eau de Cologne EdCC) has a low concentration of 3 to 5 percent oil. This makes it particularly volatile. In comparison to the eau de toilette, you can apply it more generously.
- Eau de Toilette EdTT) has a share of 6 to 9 percent. Concentrations at this level are the most popular men's perfumes on the market. You shouldn't use the EdT as intensively as the EdC.
- Eau de Parfum EdPP) has a higher proportion of fragrance oils, namely between 10 and 14 percent. This makes the fragrance of perfumes more intense and of higher quality, they are considered the best men's fragrances. For this reason, you should also apply an EdP much more economically.
Where do you wear a men's perfume: chest, neck or back of the knee
Many of us wear scents on our chests out of habit and misbelief. You can do that, but it is only half optimal. Because on the one hand you always have the smell under your nose; the result is that your brain fades it out more and you in turn perfume more. Beware of the scent cloud! On the other hand, the scent on your chest can evaporate faster than in other parts of your body. Because:n:
Perfume is well catered for in warm and pulsating regions of the body, such as the navel, the elbows, the back of the knees or the neck. But the hair is also a suitable place: odor sticks well to it and the movement of the head ideally envelops a scent in the body delicateCloud if you don't overdo the dosage.
Similar to hair, clothes are also suitable. However, one can argue about the style here if the perfume only serves to cover up the possibly unpleasant smell of a jacket.
The warmth of the body is also related to the point in time when you should spray yourself with a fragrance: after showering or after blow-drying, this is a suitable moment, because your body is still warm and can smell the fragrances better.
Scented wardrobe for more variety
In order not to get too used to the smell and to fall into the trap of the fragrance cloud, it is worthwhile to vary the choice of perfume. The prerequisite is, of course, that the notes of your fragrance wardrobe suit you well and complement your character..
At sober, we have two best men's sober for you in our range: WithMercury No. 80 andThorium No. 90 sober offers two men's fragrances that accompany you very pleasantly and at the same time characteristically due to their striking, light aromas. As an eau de parfum, they have a fragrance oil content of 16 percent and are of higher quality than common perfumes and bring with them an excellent composition of aromas.
Take a closer look at both: You can find our perfume onlinehere in the shop.
Don't apply too thick. And #staysober